Monday, May 30, 2011

My Drawing Process

So step one is the actual pencil drawing part. This was done quite quickly while waiting for a class to start at uni.
Stage 2 inks. I actually filmed myself inking this one and you can see the process on Youtube if you can track it down cos the damn link wont paste in. Anyway I dont usually do much inking but I did a decent job this time.
Next stage is laying in the flats (solid colors) in photoshop. The flat colors sit on a layer underneath the inks layer. There are a few methods to do this and I suspect I only know the difficult way to do it so I won't say how.
Next comes the shaded areas of color. You can pput these directly onto the same as the flat colors layer but I add an extra layer in and put them in on top of the flats but still under the inks.
Finally some extra effects on more new layers. The spider light which I drew wrong (but who cares) amd the word ballons add to the comic feel of the image. I don't know why but i put the 'bad guys' wearing t-shirts that have symbols from other marvel characters.

No comments: